Practical Advice

If you need help with things like accommodation, careers, or programme options, please get in touch with the relevant department.

We offer help with mental and emotional health and wellbeing. You can also talk to your Personal Tutor or Supervisor, or get in touch with other University services, for help with things like:

  • accommodation
  • visas and immigration issues
  • programme options
  • career paths

University Accommodation Services

The Advice Place

Careers Service

Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA)

International Students Advisory Service

UKCISA, the Council for International Students

If dealing with these issues is causing you undue stress, then you can support your emotional wellbeing by accessing our self-help resources, or referring yourself to our counselling service.


Our Services