Contact Us

The Student Counselling Service opening hours are 9am to 4.45pm (Monday to Friday) for enquiries.  We are closed at the weekend.

Crisis Support

If you need support right now, there are several numbers you can call – even if you’re not based in the UK.


Main Office

The Health and Wellbeing Centre, 7 Bristo Square. (See below)

Phone: 0131 650 4170



Find Our Offices

Health and Wellbeing Centre

Moray House Lodge - building closed, staff working online

Paterson's Land (Holyrood Road) (semesters only)

Murchison House, King's Buildings (semesters only)



Make a New Appointment

We offer free brief therapy to current University of Edinburgh students . Scope of Care. Therapy sessions are available in person, video call (Microsoft Teams), telephone and email.

To arrange your initial consultation appointment, register with the service by completing the online self-referral form.

Counselling Referral Form

  • Your University Login (EASE) is Required to Access the Form. You need to have completed the full matriculation (registration) process, as the form access is restricted to current students.
  • If you are having trouble using the form please email us so that we can help.

If you've already submitted your referral form and are on our waiting list for a consultation appointment, as we do sometimes get late cancellations, it is possible for you to phone our main office (0131 650 4170) to see if have any free appointment that have become available at short-notice.

Same-Day Appointments (SDA)

Same-Day appointments are available to be booked on the day on weekdays (Monday to Friday). These 20 minute appointments will offer a brief helpful conversation to explore the issue(s) causing difficulty or distress and look at the next best steps to take. Find out more on the Same-Day Appointment (SDA) page.

Cancel or Change an Existing Appointment

Please email us with as much notice as possible if you can’t make it to a scheduled appointment. Please note the information on our Cancellation Policy

Worried About a Student?

If you are family, a friend of a student who is coming to us for counselling, or staff member please read the information on this site before getting in touch.

Staff Members - Supporting Your Students

Friends and Family


Student Counselling Service

Contact details


Contact Scotland BSL

British Sign Language

British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact the University of Edinburgh via contact Scotland-BSL, the online British sign Language video relay interpreting Service.   You will find more information on their website.